Wednesday 21 October 2009

Tower of London and the globe














With my time in London looking like it was fast slipping away I needed to make sure I visited some of the iconic must see things. So Michelle and I visited the tower of London, home to famous Kings and political prisoners. We were guided by the Yeomen Wardens “Beefeaters” and were shown the Bloody tower, traitors gate and the tower Church. We saw the Crown Jewels and the White Tower which had an exhibit on Henry the 8th. Also on that day I went out for Lunch with cousin Jen, who was heading back to NZ and watched NZ beat Pakistan (at Jens boyfriend Doug’s place at Barbican) in the semi final of the champions trophy. Sunday Michelle and I went to Shakespear’s globe Theatre and watched a play from the yard, a good experience, with some very funny moments. It took a while to get used to the Shakespearean language.







No comments:

Post a Comment