Monday 1 February 2010

Settling into Scotland

So I have now been in Scotland a few months and have settled into a new life. Work has been challenging, but it’s a new role which I am relishing. I work with some really great people who have a good attitude towards the extrusion project. Outside of the work I have joined the Rugby club, and met some Scottish lads. The rugby initially was very stop-start because of the snow and the frozen pitches. The standard at premier level appears very good, but I have yet to play a premier game. I have played a couple of games of the two’s but mainly for the threes as a number of the two’s games have been called off and I have been itching for a game. I pulled my hammy coming off the bench for the twos against Edinburgh accies and recently badly bruised my leg in a game against Ellon. Apart from those set-backs I have still enjoyed my Rugby and I feel I haven’t shown my full range of ability off yet. Pity the season is winding down now... The flat has been a bit chop-change in terms of flatmates. Sam moved out, Silvi moved in and now Christelle has moved with Clemont has her replacement. The letting agency said our lease runs out in July and we are being turfed out. Guts I am in the end room now with a great view over the river, which is cool. Social scene has been a bit thin on the ground. Went to an Ice Hockey game with a workmate (Colin), and been on a work pub crawl. Michelle and I broke up which is a shame that it didn’t work out. Before we broke up she came up for a week and we had some good fun mountain biking and snowboarding.I decided to learn to snowboard this winter and after 5 runs now feel I am fairly competent on the snow. Am slowly getting back into golf and now with daylight savings I have got more opportunities after work. What else... been on two road trips around Scotland, thus far... read the blog entries...

No comments:

Post a Comment